Jun 18, 2021
To declare a Communication Major:
- A student must complete COM 201 and one additional course from the Professional Communication Core.
- Complete the Major Declaration Form (link) and interview with the Communication Department faculty.
Major credit requirements:
- At least 48 total credits in the major.
- At least 15 credits in residence of 300 level or above courses.
- Exit cumulative GPA of 2.00 in major.
A major in communication consists of at least 42 credits in the major and at least 2 collateral electives:
Professional Communication Core:
Business Communication Courses:
At least 3 courses from the following Communication Electives:
At least 2 courses from the following Collateral Electives:
General Education Core Curriculum
Approaches to Individual and Social Questions
Intercultural Knowledge and Competence
BA Foreign Language
Degree Credit Requirements
- At least 120 degree credits are required for a bachelor’s degree. There is no limit to the number of credits which may be earned in one department.
- A minimum of 30 of the final 36 credits must be earned in residence to receive a bachelor’s degree from WLC.
- Students must also earn at least 15 credits in residence in upper division courses (300 and 400 level) in the major to receive a bachelor’s degree from WLC.
- If a major requires a capstone course, it is required to be taken at WLC.
- At least 9 credits in the minor must be taken at WLC.
- A minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0 must be achieved to satisfy the degree requirements. Individual programs may require grade point averages higher than a 2.0 for courses used to satisfy the major.
Suggested General Education Sequencing
- Freshman : COL 101 (Fall), LAS 101 (Spring), Foreign Language/Foreign Language Diversity, Quantitative Reasoning, ENG 101 , COM 101 , THE 105 /THE 110 , ~9 cr. in the major
Sophomore: Biblical Theology, PED 100 , 1-2 Approaches, declare major
Junior: Applied Theology, 1-2 Approaches
Senior: Systematic Theology, 1-2 Approaches, LAS 401 /LAS 402
(Full general education information may be found here.)