Apr 20, 2021
To declare a Sport and Exercise Science Major:
- Must have successfully completed BIO 202 and BIO 225 .
- Complete the Major Declaration Form (link)
Major credit requirements:
- At least 45 total credits in major and at least 13 collateral credits
- At least 15 credits in residence of 300 level or above courses
- Minimum exit cumulative GPA of 2.50 for courses used to satisfy major requirements
Sport and Excercise Science Sample Program
SPE Sample Program - Athletic Training Plan
SPE Sample Program - Occupational Therapy Plan
SPE Sample Program - Physical Therapy Plan
3+2 Dual-Degree Partnership Sample Plan: B.S./M.S. Athletic Training from WLC and the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
3+3.3 Dual-Degree Partnership Sample Plan: B.S./D.C. Doctor of Chiropractic from Palmer College of Chiropractic
A major consists of 45 major credits and 13 collateral credits.
At least 13 credits from the following elective courses:
General Education Core Curriculum
Approaches to Individual and Social Questions
Intercultural Knowledge and Competence
BS/BSN Foreign Language
Degree Credit Requirements
- At least 120 degree credits are required for a bachelor’s degree. There is no limit to the number of credits which may be earned in one department.
- A minimum of 30 of the final 36 credits must be earned in residence to receive a bachelor’s degree from WLC.
- Students must also earn at least 15 credits in residence in upper division courses (300 and 400 level) in the major to receive a bachelor’s degree from WLC.
- If a major requires a capstone course, it is required to be taken at WLC.
- At least 9 credits in the minor must be taken at WLC.
- A minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0 must be achieved to satisfy the degree requirements. Individual programs may require grade point averages higher than a 2.0 for courses used to satisfy the major.
Suggested General Education Sequencing
- Freshman : COL 101 (Fall), LAS 101 (Spring), Foreign Language/Foreign Language Diversity, Quantitative Reasoning, ENG 101, COM 101, THE 105/THE 110, ~9 cr. in the major
Sophomore: Biblical Theology, PED 100, 1-2 Approaches, declare major
Junior: Applied Theology, 1-2 Approaches
Senior: Systematic Theology, 1-2 Approaches, LAS 401/LAS 402
(Full general education information may be found here.)