Aug 09, 2020
To declare a Music Major:
- A student must complete MUS 110 , MUS 111 , MUS 120 , & MUS 121
- Two hours of lessons in one performance medium
- Participate in an ensemble for one year
- Demonstrate sophomore-level performance skill on an instrument
- Have a 2.75 minimum GPA in all music courses
- Demonstrate academic/performance potential relative to goals
- Complete the Major Declaration Form (link)
Major credit requirements:
- At least 40 total credits in the major.
- At least 15 credits in residence of 300 level or above courses.
- Attend five recitals or concerts and participate in a performing ensemble each semester in residence
- Exit cumulative GPA of 2.75 in major.
A Music Major consists of 40 credits from the following:
Applied Lessons and Ensembles
At least 8 credits of private lessons/recital.
One major ensemble each semester (Pass/Fail).
Demonstrate piano proficiency.
General Education Core Curriculum
Approaches to Individual and Social Questions
Intercultural Knowledge and Competence
BA Foreign Language
Degree Credit Requirements
- At least 120 degree credits are required for a bachelor’s degree. There is no limit to the number of credits which may be earned in one department.
- A minimum of 30 of the final 36 credits must be earned in residence to receive a bachelor’s degree from WLC.
- Students must also earn at least 15 credits in residence in upper division courses (300 and 400 level) in the major to receive a bachelor’s degree from WLC.
- If a major requires a capstone course, it is required to be taken at WLC.
- At least 9 credits in the minor must be taken at WLC.
- A minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0 must be achieved to satisfy the degree requirements. Individual programs may require grade point averages higher than a 2.0 for courses used to satisfy the major.
Suggested General Education Sequencing
- Freshman : COL 101 (Fall), LAS 101 (Spring), Foreign Language/Foreign Language Diversity, Quantitative Reasoning, ENG 101 , COM 101 , THE 105 /THE 110 , ~9 cr. in the major
Sophomore: Biblical Theology, PED 100 , 1-2 Approaches, declare major
Junior: Applied Theology, 1-2 Approaches
Senior: Systematic Theology, 1-2 Approaches, LAS 401 /LAS 402
(Full general education information may be found here.)