Feb 24, 2021
To declare an Environmental Science Major:
- Complete the Major Declaration Form (link)
- Interview with the Environmental Science Department Faculty.
Major credit requirements:
- At least 52 total credits in the major.
- At least 15 credits in residence of 300 level or above courses.
- Exit cumulative GPA of 2.50 in major.
Environmental Science Sample Program
The Environmental Science major requires 52 credits of interdisciplinary courses from the following:
At least 16 credits from the following electives:
A minimum of 8 credits of science electives from the following departments: Anthropology, Biology, Chemistry or Physics.
A minimum of 6 credits of Humanities/Communication electives from different departments.
General Education Core Curriculum
Approaches to Individual and Social Questions
Intercultural Knowledge and Competence
BS/BSN Foreign Language
Degree Credit Requirements
- At least 120 degree credits are required for a bachelor’s degree. There is no limit to the number of credits which may be earned in one department.
- A minimum of 30 of the final 36 credits must be earned in residence to receive a bachelor’s degree from WLC.
- Students must also earn at least 15 credits in residence in upper division courses (300 and 400 level) in the major to receive a bachelor’s degree from WLC.
- If a major requires a capstone course, it is required to be taken at WLC.
- At least 9 credits in the minor must be taken at WLC.
- A minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0 must be achieved to satisfy the degree requirements. Individual programs may require grade point averages higher than a 2.0 for courses used to satisfy the major.
Suggested General Education Sequencing
- Freshman : COL 101 (Fall), LAS 101 (Spring), Foreign Language/Foreign Language Diversity, Quantitative Reasoning, ENG 101, COM 101, THE 105/THE 110, ~9 cr. in the major
Sophomore: Biblical Theology, PED 100, 1-2 Approaches, declare major
Junior: Applied Theology, 1-2 Approaches
Senior: Systematic Theology, 1-2 Approaches, LAS 401/LAS 402
(Full general education information may be found here.)