Dec 04, 2021
To declare a Mathematics Major:
Major credit requirements:
- At least 40 total credits in the major plus CSC 131 (4 credits).
- A concentration of at least 12 credits in an application area other than mathematics.
- At least 15 credits in residence of 300 level or above courses.
- C or better in 12 of the required credits in mathematics courses numbered 300 or above.
- Exit cumulative GPA of 2.00 in major.
Placement testing in mathematics is required of all students who wish to enroll in MAT 221 or higher at Wisconsin Lutheran College for the first time. This includes transfer students having an uncertain attainment level or college mathematics credits more than two years old. The department of mathematics determines a student’s mathematics placement on the basis of high school grades, ACT/SAT scores, placement testing, and (if necessary) personal interview.
A major in Mathematics consists of the following:
At least one Depth Elective:
At least one Applications Elective:
A concentration of at least 12 credits in an application area other than mathematics.
General Education Core Curriculum
Approaches to Individual and Social Questions
Intercultural Knowledge and Competence
BS/BSN Foreign Language
Degree Credit Requirements
- At least 120 degree credits are required for a bachelor’s degree. There is no limit to the number of credits which may be earned in one department.
- A minimum of 30 of the final 36 credits must be earned in residence to receive a bachelor’s degree from WLC.
- Students must also earn at least 15 credits in residence in upper division courses (300 and 400 level) in the major to receive a bachelor’s degree from WLC.
- If a major requires a capstone course, it is required to be taken at WLC.
- At least 9 credits in the minor must be taken at WLC.
- A minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0 must be achieved to satisfy the degree requirements. Individual programs may require grade point averages higher than a 2.0 for courses used to satisfy the major.
Suggested General Education Sequencing
- Freshman : COL 101 (Fall), LAS 101 (Spring), Foreign Language/Foreign Language Diversity, Quantitative Reasoning, ENG 101, COM 101, THE 105/THE 110, ~9 cr. in the major
Sophomore: Biblical Theology, PED 100, 1-2 Approaches, declare major
Junior: Applied Theology, 1-2 Approaches
Senior: Systematic Theology, 1-2 Approaches, LAS 401/LAS 402
(Full general education information may be found here.)