Oct 23, 2021
To declare a Biochemistry Major:
Major credit requirements:
- At least 50 total credits plus collateral courses
- At leasat 15 credits in residence of 300 level or bove courses
- Exit cumulative GPA of 2.00 in major.
Biochemistry Major Sample Program
A student majoring in Biochemistry may not also major or minor in Biology or Chemistry.
A major in biochemistry (59 credits) consists of the following courses:
Biochemistry Elective Courses:
A minimum of 6 credits in Biology/Neuroscience:
A minimum of 6 credits in Chemistry:
Collateral Requirements (at least 9 credits):
General Education Core Curriculum
Approaches to Individual and Social Questions
Intercultural Knowledge and Competence
BS/BSN Foreign Language
Degree Credit Requirements
- At least 120 degree credits are required for a bachelor’s degree. There is no limit to the number of credits which may be earned in one department.
- A minimum of 30 of the final 36 credits must be earned in residence to receive a bachelor’s degree from WLC.
- Students must also earn at least 15 credits in residence in upper division courses (300 and 400 level) in the major to receive a bachelor’s degree from WLC.
- If a major requires a capstone course, it is required to be taken at WLC.
- At least 9 credits in the minor must be taken at WLC.
- A minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0 must be achieved to satisfy the degree requirements. Individual programs may require grade point averages higher than a 2.0 for courses used to satisfy the major.
Suggested General Education Sequencing
- Freshman : COL 101 (Fall), LAS 101 (Spring), Foreign Language/Foreign Language Diversity, Quantitative Reasoning, ENG 101, COM 101, THE 105/THE 110, ~9 cr. in the major
Sophomore: Biblical Theology, PED 100, 1-2 Approaches, declare major
Junior: Applied Theology, 1-2 Approaches
Senior: Systematic Theology, 1-2 Approaches, LAS 401/LAS 402
(Full general education information may be found here.)