Nov 27, 2021
To declare an Art Major:
- Meet with a member of the Art faculty.
Major credit requirements:
- At least 40 total credits in major
- At least 15 credits in residence of 300 level or above courses
- Exit cumulative GPA of 2.50 for courses used to satisfy the major
- Exhibit selected works from studies (Gallery Exhibition) under review and approval of the Art faculty
The Art and Graphic Design Major consists of a minimum of 40 credits including:
At least 15 credits of electives from the following:
One of the following Capstone Studies:
Graphic Design Capstone Study:
General Education Core Curriculum
Approaches to Individual and Social Questions
Intercultural Knowledge and Competence
BA Foreign Language
For the BA, one of the following:
Completion of three years of a high school foreign language, two of which must be sequential from the same language or completion of a college level foreign language course:
- GER 101 - Elementary German 1 4 credits
- GER 102 - Elementary German 2 4 credits
- SPA 101 - Elementary Spanish 1 4 credits
Note: If a course is used to satisfy the foreign language requirement it may not be used to satisfy the Intercultural Knowledge and Competence requirement.
Degree Credit Requirements
- At least 120 degree credits are required for a bachelor’s degree. There is no limit to the number of credits which may be earned in one department.
- A minimum of 30 of the final 36 credits must be earned in residence to receive a bachelor’s degree from WLC.
- Students must also earn at least 15 credits in residence in upper division courses (300 and 400 level) in the major to receive a bachelor’s degree from WLC.
- If a major requires a capstone course, it is required to be taken at WLC.
- At least 9 credits in the minor must be taken at WLC.
- A minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0 must be achieved to satisfy the degree requirements. Individual programs may require grade point averages higher than a 2.0 for courses used to satisfy the major.
Suggested General Education Sequencing
- Freshman : COL 101 (Fall), LAS 101 (Spring), Foreign Language/Foreign Language Diversity, Quantitative Reasoning, ENG 101 , COM 101 , THE 105 /THE 110 , ~9 cr. in the major
Sophomore: Biblical Theology, PED 100 , 1-2 Approaches, declare major
Junior: Applied Theology, 1-2 Approaches
Senior: Systematic Theology, 1-2 Approaches, LAS 401 /LAS 402
(Full general education information may be found here.)